- About Us
- Contact Us
This past weekend, the Red Deer Chamber saw its six 2012 policies successfully adopted at the annual Alberta Chambers of Commerce (ACC) AGM and Policy Convention.
“It’s been another banner year for Red Deer’s policy work,” says President Maureen McMurtrie. “Our volunteers work very hard to develop quality policy, and we are proud to see it go forward for advocacy to the provincial government.”
The policies were adopted by the Red Deer Board of Directors in January and February of this year and will now become part of the three year advocacy effort of the ACC.
The policies are:
- Support Business Interests Prior to Provincial Roadwork Infrastructure Changes
- Strengthen Canada’s workforce through tax indexing
- Reduce Canada Revenue agency impact on small business
- Address Issues in Foreign Worker Programs
- A strong agriculture industry includes a strong local food market
- Planning for Progressive Transportation on Alberta’s Roadways (2009 renewal)
Policy recommendations are made to all levels of government in an effort to improve the business climate and optimize conditions for economic prosperity. The Red Deer Chamber works with volunteers in four committees each year to identify legislative gaps and obstacles and to develop policy focuses.
For additional information, please contact:
Tim Creedon, Executive Director
Red Deer Chamber of Commerce
May 28, 2013
Business After Hours
Hosted by: Red Deer Curling Centre ...
June 13, 2013
Speaker Series Luncheon
Canadian Oil Sands: Canada - An Emerging Energy Superpower Presented By: Don Thompson, Executive Advisor, Sustainability and Oil Sands Outrea...
June 21, 2013
Volunteer/Member Appreciation BBQ
Join us for the 9th Annual Red Deer Chamber Volunteer/Member Appreciation BBQ! ...