- About Us
- Contact Us
This past weekend, the Red Deer Chamber saw its six 2012 policies successfully adopted at the annual Alberta Chambers of Commerce (ACC) AGM and Policy Convention.
“It’s been another banner year for Red Deer’s policy work,” says President Maureen McMurtrie. “Our volunteers work very hard to develop quality policy, and we are proud to see it go forward for advocacy to the provincial government.”
The policies were adopted by the Red Deer Board of Directors in January and February of this year and will now become part of the three year advocacy effort of the ACC.
The policies are:
- Support Business Interests Prior to Provincial Roadwork Infrastructure Changes
- Strengthen Canada’s workforce through tax indexing
- Reduce Canada Revenue agency impact on small business
- Address Issues in Foreign Worker Programs
- A strong agriculture industry includes a strong local food market
- Planning for Progressive Transportation on Alberta’s Roadways (2009 renewal)
Policy recommendations are made to all levels of government in an effort to improve the business climate and optimize conditions for economic prosperity. The Red Deer Chamber works with volunteers in four committees each year to identify legislative gaps and obstacles and to develop policy focuses.
For additional information, please contact:
Tim Creedon, Executive Director
Red Deer Chamber of Commerce
December 13, 2013
Chamber Christmas Open House
2:00-4:00pm JA Room, Red Deer Chamber ...
January 8, 2014
Speaker - Jungle Jim Hunter - former member of the "Crazy Canuck Men's Alpine Ski Team" Jim Hunter has represented Canada in the Winter Olympics and the...
January 16, 2014
Brian Kruger - Goverment of Alberta, Employment Standards Red Deer Lodge & Conference Centre A good understanding of Alberta’s minimum...