Red Tape Reduction Roundtable
The Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce is pleased invite you to a Red Tape Reduction Roundtable hosted by MLA for Red Deer South, Jason Stephan.
What is Red Tape?
Unnecessary time and resources spent by citizens and businesses to comply with regulatory requirements imposed by legislation, regulations, associated policies, and forms.
What is a regulatory requirement?
For our purposes, these include:
• Legislation, Regulations and Orders
• Policies and Guidelines
• Licences, Forms, Reporting
• ‘Shalls’, ‘musts’ and ‘required tos’
What we need to know
1. What is the problem – Identify, elaborate, provide information.
2. What is the solution – both conceptually and with reference to regulation/policy change/etc. Be clear and specific.
3. How will this impact compliance costs? How much regulatory burden does this take away (count)? How many jobs will this create?