NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN
To submit a nomination please visit the Online Nominations Form
The Business of the Year Awards are held annually in conjunction with Small Business Week in mid October. These awards are presented in four categories (below) and are open to all businesses - they do not need to be a Chamber member.
- 1-10 Full-Time Equivalent Employees
- 11-20 Full-Time Equivalent Employees
- 21+ Full-Time Equivalent Employees
- Young Entrepreneur (nominee must be under 35, played a direct and primary role in the planning and establishment of the business and currently operating it in a leadership role and the business must demonstrate financial viability and potential for growth)
- Maintains operations in Red Deer and area
- Has not received a Business of the Year Award in the past five years - see past winners below
- Sources services and materials in the Red Deer area when feasible
- The business has contributed significantly to the economic and social well-being of Red Deer and, in large part, has not received acknowledgment
The month prior to the event three finalists are announced in each category with the winners announced at the event on October 18, 2017 at Red Deer College Arts Centre & foyer.
Hear what it means to be a finalist for the Business of the Year Awards from our 2016 finalists: