Your #LoveLocalRD Winners ARE….
The winner of the #LoveLocalRD Tag-A-Biz contest will be drawn on October 18, 2021 – check back soon!
The winner of the #LoveLocalRD Pledge contest will be drawn on November 1, 2021 – check back soon!
The winners of the #LoveLocalRD InstaWeeks contest will be drawn every Monday beginning November 8th to December 20th, 2021 – check back soon!
How to Enter
On Facebook, tag a local business in the post comments; 1 comment = 1 entry. One lucky entrant will receive a $500 local prize pack from participating local businesses! One entry per comment. Active: October 4 – 17, 2021.
On Instagram, nominate 3 friends in the “I pledge to shop local and I nominate _____” post. You must be following @LoveLocalRD on Instagram. BONUS: Share the post to your Instagram Story and tag @LoveLocalRD. One Instagram pledger will win three $50 gift cards from local businesses for participating! One entry per comment. Active: October 18 – 31, 2021.
On Instagram, upload a photo or video (to your feed or your Story) of your shop local experience or purchase. You must tag @LoveLocalRD in the photo or Story and use the hashtag #LoveLocalRD. BONUS: Include a hot pink #LoveLocalRD poster, sticker or window decal, somewhere in your photo or video. 1 entry per week. One entrant per week will be selected to win a $50 gift card to a participating local business. Active: November 1 – December 19, 2021.
The Fine Print
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are 18 years of age as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Alberta, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting Oct 4 and ending on Oct 17. All online entries must be received by Oct 17.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry via the how to enter details listed above. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) shall receive the prizes as listed under How to Enter. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce discretion. The prize is non transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected by Random Draw under the supervision of Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce and William Joseph Communications. Winners will be notified by Direct Message within five (5) business days following selection. Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT RED DEER & DISTRICT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By adding content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce, anyone acting on behalf of Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce, and Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms & Conditions: Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such a case, Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce. Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Canada AND Alberta, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participants agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Alberta having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce.
- Social Media: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized, including but not limited to Facebook and/or Instagram. Any personal information provided in connection with the Contest is being provided to Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce and not to Facebook and/or Instagram. Any questions or comments regarding a Contest must be directed to Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce and not to any of the social media platforms on which the Contest may have been advertised or administered.
- By participating in the contest, you, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules & Regulations.